We look forward to the start of our fall semester on Saturday, September 11th and seeing many families in-person for the first time in over a year!
With the emerging Delta variant and new guidelines from city officials we are now taking extra precautions to keep everyone as safe as possible for the coming school year. We are now requiring everyone aged 12+ to show proof of vaccination in order to participate in our in-person Silver Music programs, or spend more than 10 minutes inside the school.
- All eligible Silver Music students/adults must receive one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine by Friday, September 10, 2021 and the second dose by October 15, 2021 (VACCINE FORMS ARE BELOW)
- If you intend to seek an exemption from the vaccine requirement due to medical circumstances, a letter from a medical provider must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of your lessons/class
If a student (12 years and older) does not plan to receive the vaccine and does not have a medical exemption letter from a medical provider, the student’s lesson or class will need to take place online.
All staff and faculty must provide a proof of vaccine or submit to weekly testing along with a letter of exemption from their medical provider. Facemasks must be worn at all times.
Individuals entering the space including faculty and staff acknowledge the following:
* No symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* No belief of exposure to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* No diagnosis with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet cleared as non contagious by state or local public health authorities.
All students and families entering our school acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that Silver Music cannot guarantee that an individual will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. All persons must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending lessons or classes.
All individuals over age 2 must wear a mask at all times.
IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION AND FACILITY CLOSURE: For students participating in in-person lessons and classes, in the event Silver Music needs to close its facility for a period of time due to NYC, NYS and CDC recommendations related to COVID-19, instruction for instrumental and introductory students will continue online. In this event, tuition and withdrawal policies will remain the same.
- If the student or accompanying adult has been fully vaccinated please complete this form (Note: this form requires a Google or Gmail account; if you do not have one, please email the vaccine card directly to email@example.com)
- If you/your child will have only received one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine by September 10, please fill out this form indicating the date of first dose and the date of appt for the second
- If you intend to seek an exemption from the vaccine requirement due to medical circumstances, please acquire a letter from a medical provider and email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to September 10, 2021