Thank you for visiting our COVID-19 Policy page and reading our guidelines and requirements to help keep our community as healthy as possible. As the situation in NYC evolves and requirements from the CDC are updated, we continue to update and adapt our policies to align with the most current health and safety policies.
-To prevent the spread of Coronavirus, we are limiting class sizes and asking that students be dropped off for group classes. (RSP/Readiness and beginner group classes may have one adult in the classroom).
-Classrooms are equipped with a blue air filter and window access
-All shared instruments and materials will be sanitized regularly
-All persons over age 2 who enter the school must wear a mask for the duration of their stay. (Flute students/flute faculty may remove their masks during portions of the lessons. Additional protocols will be required of flute students).
-No eating or drinking is permitted inside the space
We are require everyone aged 12+ to show proof of vaccination in order to participate in our in-person Silver Music programs, or spend more than 10 minutes inside the school.
- All eligible Silver Music students/adults must receive one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine by their first lesson or class. (VACCINE FORMS ARE BELOW).
- If you intend to seek an exemption from the vaccine requirement due to medical circumstances, a letter from a medical provider must be emailed to email@example.com prior to the start of your lessons/class
If a student (12 years and older) does not plan to receive the vaccine and does not have a medical exemption letter from a medical provider, the student’s lesson or class will need to take place online.
All staff and faculty must provide a proof of vaccine or submit to weekly testing along with a letter of exemption from their medical provider. Facemasks must be worn at all times.
SYMPTOMS AND POSITIVE CASES:
All students and families entering our school acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that Silver Music cannot guarantee that an individual will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. All persons must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending lessons or classes.
No persons exhibiting symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell, will be permitted to enter the facility.
If parent or student has tested positive for COVID-19 or are aware that they have been in close contact* with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, they must wait 5 days from exposure/testing positive to enter our facility. Individuals may return on Day 6 if they have no symptoms and they have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication. Students returning from isolation on Day 6 must wear a well-fitting mask such as a KN95, KF94, or a cloth mask over a disposable surgical mask on Days 6–10.
For an unvaccinated person of any age who is exposed to COVID-19 in the home, if the COVID-positive household member and student are staying in the same home, the student must continue to quarantine for at least 5 additional days after the household member’s isolation period has ended.
Please note: if your child has recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days, they do not need to quarantine following an exposure and may continue to attend their lesson or class unless they develop COVID-like symptoms.
*Close contact means within 3 feet, masked or unmasked, for at least 10 minutes.
IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION AND FACILITY CLOSURE
For students participating in in-person lessons and classes, in the event Silver Music needs to close its facility for a period of time due to NYC, NYS, and CDC recommendations related to COVID-19, instruction for instrumental and introductory students will continue online. In this event, tuition and withdrawal policies will remain the same.
- If the student or accompanying adult has been fully vaccinated please complete this form (Note: this form requires a Google or Gmail account; if you do not have one, please email the vaccine card directly to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you/your child will have only received one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine by your first lesson, please fill out this form indicating the date of first dose and the date of appt for the second
- If you intend to seek an exemption from the vaccine requirement due to medical circumstances, please acquire a letter from a medical provider and email to email@example.com prior to beginning lessons. A Negative COVID test will be required to accompany your child.